As a sports nutrition expert, you know the benefits of adding supplements to your workout regimen. So when it’s time to expand your business and create your own supplement line, you probably already have a great vision for what you’d like to include. There are, however, some supplements that are extremely popular because they net great results for everyone. So when speaking with your contract supplement manufacturing representative, considering incorporating these into your private label sports nutrition line:
1. Creatine: Creatine is a combination of the three amino acids glycine, arginine, and methionine. Creatine works by helping you produce more ATP, the source of energy in your body. The results is more energy when performing anaerobic exercises such as weightlifting or high intensity interval training. More energy means you can work out longer and get better results.
2. BCAA: BCAA, branch-chain amino acids, is one of the most effective supplements to help build and maintain muscle. When you are working out, your body often will tap your muscles for energy from amino acids, causing muscle loss. Muscle loss can be frustrating because it decreases your energy and impacts your gains. BCAA supplements offer your body the amino acids it needs to increase energy without having to tap into your muscle mass. Taking BCAAs helps increase muscle gain and sustained energy during workouts.
3. 5-HTP: 5-HTP, 5 Hydroxytryptophan, helps support recovery and boosts your mood. 5-HTP is converted into serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a mood lifter and anti-anxiety. After a hard workout, 5-HTP can help you get more rest, stay positive, and ensure that you can keep working toward your goals. 5-HTP also has the added benefit of reducing cravings for carbohydrates, ensuring you stick to a balanced diet.
4. Whey Protein: Protein is an essential part of any workout supplement plan. Studies have shown that Whey protein is the most effective protein supplement for working out. Whey protein raises the glutathione (GSH) levels in the body. GSH reduces oxidative stress and reduce muscle fatigue. Whey protein also increases your energy. So ultimately you can work out harder and longer.
5. Vegan Protein: Vegan protein is an important offering with so many athletes switching to a plant-based diet. It is also a great offering for people who are lactose intolerant. Vegan protein uses a combination of pea and hemp protein to net the same results as whey protein but without the dairy.
These five supplements are essential to any sports nutrition line. When you work with a contract supplement manufacturing company, make sure that you incorporate them into your product offerings.