Fish oil sounds pretty nasty. In fact, if you take the wrong type of fish oil supplement you will taste fish. Your breath with smell like fish if the capsule breaks down too early. And all of this can be as unpleasant as it sounds. But the health benefits of fish oil outweigh the risk of smelling like fish. All you need to do is find a reliable supplement that won’t dissolve too early. Then you can enjoy the many benefits of taking fish oil. These include:
1. Omega 3s are found in abundance in fish oil. These nutrients help your body perform all sorts of functions, including a boost to your immune system. Your white blood cells benefit from Omega 3s, so you are less likely to get sick. But if you do get sick, it will be for a shorter period of time.
2. Protein is the building block of muscle and it supplies your body with clean-burning energy, especially during a workout. Omega 3s help with the synthesis of protein within the body. This makes your body bounce back from fatigue more quickly and it helps you gain lean muscle mass.
3. Nobody knows why, but fish oil helps your body deal with insulin. Insulin is released into the blood by the pancreas to regulate sugar in the body. Insulin also makes your body store unwanted fat. Fish oil helps your body regulate blood sugars which makes it easier to lose fat.
4. Omega 3s make it easier to transport nutrients into the cells of your body. It does this by changing the very structure of the cell wall.
5. Fish oil delivers a healthy dose of DHA, which helps to support and maintain healthy brain function.
6. Fish oil lowers triglycerides in the blood, making it even easier to lose weight.