When considering your options for supplement manufacturing, it’s important to keep on top of the latest trends. Every year we learn more and more about the powerful benefits of certain ingredients. Your target market knows a lot about nutrition and will be looking for supplements containing these ingredients. Here are the top ten ingredient trends for 2018 so you can meet their demand:
1. Probiotics: Probiotics are here to stay. Introduced a decade ago, consumers are seeing all the benefits of a diet rich in probiotics, so interest is still growing.
2. Adaptogens: Adaptogens are botanicals like ashwagandha, rhodiola, eleuthero, and maca. They help the body and mind adapt to stress.
3. Magnesium: Magnesium helps the body with over 300 different processes. Scientists are finding that with our current agricultural methods, our food isn’t offering our bodies enough. So people are turning to supplementation to meet the need.
4. Curcumin: Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric is everywhere right now. With anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and anticarcinogenic properties, this supplement is huge and is only going to be more popular as research continues.
5. Collagen: Collagen helps your body from the inside out. It supports joints and healthy, youthful skin. It’s a great ingredient for sports nutrition and anti-aging supplements.
6. CoQ10: With heart disease on the rise, people over the age of 40 are looking for heart-healthy supplements. The most popular is CoQ10 which protects the heart and increase energy.
7. Chlorella: Superfoods are still incredibly popular because they work to reduce body fat and strengthen immunity. It’s a great addition to daily vitamins, protein shakes, and essential for green powders.
8. B Vitamins: People are tired in our society, so they are always looking for ways to boost their energy. B vitamins help not only give people more energy but they promote wellness and reduce stress.
9. Melatonin: Like with B vitamins, people are looking for ways to deal with being tired. Melatonin is a tried and tested method that helps people sleep. It’s been around for forever, but lately it’s become more popular than ever.
10. Bone broth: Bone broth is a relatively new trend, but it is already taken the supplement world by storm. Paleo-friendly, bone broth has a variety of healing, energizing, and strengthening properties.
At Vitakem, we stay on top of the latest trends in supplement manufacturing to provide our customers the options to hit the key markets. We know how important staying current is in the nutritional supplement market, so we offer supplement manufacturing of products that really meet people’s needs. Consider incorporating these trending ingredients into your products and we’ll be ready to ensure that your supplements are of the highest quality and truly effective.