The Surprising Effect Of Garlic Supplements
Hippocrates once said “let thy food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food.” This is the same ancient Greek philosopher that laid the very foundation of Western health care. Doctors still take the Hippocratic Oath today based on his teachings; namely, “do no harm.” The man was smart and his thoughts still echo through the generations. And he was right, especially when it comes to Garlic.
Garlic is a magical vegetable. It is pungent, flavorful and full of incredible health benefits. But not all of us can eat plain old cloves of garlic without gagging. That is why supplement makers have turned cloves of garlic into supplements in pill form. You can get all the benefits of garlic without the breath. And you want those benefits. Some of them are surprising:
1. Garlic contains a sulfur compound called allicin that prevents, stops and reverses hair loss. It can be applied topically or ingested. We recommend ingested in pill form.
2. The antioxidants in garlic prevent and cure acne. You’d have to ingest a lot of cloves for this to take place, or you can just take a high dose supplement.
3. Those same antioxidants prevent colds. If you do come down with a cold, it’ll cut the time you suffer from it in half.
4. Garlic makes it easier to lose or maintain a healthy body weight. Use it as a fat loss accelerator.
5. Ingesting a lot of garlic can prevent or cure athlete’s foot due to its anti-fungal properties.
6. Mosquitoes don’t like garlic. You are what you eat, so ingesting a lot of garlic makes you undesirable to the pest.
7. Cold sores also don’t like garlic. You can heal a cold sore in less time by ingesting a lot of garlic. The cold-sore-fighting micronutrients go to work from the inside out.